Proper costume care and Maintenance is vital to prolong the life of your character costumes. In addition to offering our cleaning and repair service, this page is designed to help you with some tips on how to care for your costume after each use.
NOTE: Dry cleaning IMC costumes is not recommended. The chemicals used in the dry cleaning process may damage certain components of the costume
- Remove the rings from the body form and the foot covers from the foam sculpted feet.
- Machine wash the inner body form, outer body, foot covers, outer clothing, and gloves in WARM water with mild laundry detergent on a gentle cycle. The carry bag should be washed separately as they are usually quite soiled.
- Tumble dry the costume on a NO or LOW HEAT dryer setting only. The fabric of the costume can be damaged if the dryer settings are too hot.Hanging the costume to dry in a well ventilated area is another option.
- Once dry, place the foot covers and rings back into their original position.
- Lightly brush any fleece areas. Be sure to be extremely careful not to damage the fibers.
- Brush out the fur areas with a wire brush
- Store the costume in a clean and well ventilated room.
- DO NOT store the costume in the carry bag.
- Allow the costume to air out between performances.
- Place the head in a position that puts the least amount of stress on its shape, (the neck opening).
- Hang or neatly fold the body components. Place the feet on their soles separate from the other components.